- PhD in Physics and Mathematics, Dept. Molecular and Chemical Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Phystech), Russia. Title: “Asymptotic solutions of the selected problems in ignition theory.”
- Master in Physics and Mathematics, Dept. Molecular and Chemical Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Phystech), Russia. Title: “On ignition of a reacting gas by a heat source of finite heat capacity.”
Transport phenomena including diffusion and Soret
Free surface flows
Microgravity experiments in Fluids
- C. Minetti, C. Buffone, “Three-dimensional Marangoni cell in self-induced evaporating cooling unveiled by digital holographic microscopy”, PHYSICAL REVIEW E 89, 013007 (2014).
- V. Shevtsova, Y. A. Gaponenko, V. Sechenyh, D. E. Melnikov, T. Lyubimova and A. Mialdun, Dynamics of a binary mixture subjected to a temperature gradient and oscillatory forcing, J. Fluid Mech. 767, pp.290-322 (2015).
- V. Shevtsova, Y. Gaponenko, V.Yasnou, A. Mialdun, A. Nepomnyashchy, Wall-Generated Pattern on a Periodically Excited Miscible Liquid/Liquid Interface, Langmuir, 31, pp.5550−5553 (2015).
- Mialdun A., Shevtsova V., New approach for analysis of thermodiffusion coefficients in ternary mixtures, J. Chem. Phys. Communication, 138, 161102 (2013).
- Shevtsova V., Gaponenko Y., Nepomnyashchy A., Analysis of thermocapillary flow regimes and oscillatory instability caused by a gas stream along the interface. J. Fluid Mech. 714, pp. 644-670 (2013).
- Pushkin D., Melnikov D., Shevtsova V., Particle self-ordering in periodic flows, Phys. Rev. Lett., 108, 249402 (2012).
- Pushkin D., Melnikov D., Shevtsova V., Particle self-ordering in periodic flows, Phys. Rev. Lett., 106, 234501. [Online] (2011).
- Mialdun A., Shevtsova V., Measurement of the Soret and diffusion coefficients for benchmark binary mixtures by means of digital interferometry, J. Chem. Phys., 134, 044524 (2011).
- Shevtsova V., Ryzhkov I.I., Melnikov D.E., Gaponenko Yu., Mialdun A., Experimental and theoretical study of vibration-induced thermal convection in low gravity, J. Fluid Mech., 648, pp.53-82 (2010).
- Shevtsova V., Melnikov D.E., Nepomnyashchy A., New flow regimes generated by mode coupling in buoyant-thermocapillary convection, Phys. Rev. Lett., 102, 134503 (2009).
- Mialdun, I.I. Ryzhkov, D.E. Melnikov, V. Shevtsova, Experimental evidence of thermovibrational convection in low gravity, Phys. Rev. Lett., 101, 084501 (2008).