- PhD in Physics and Math., Institute of Computational Modelling of Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Title: numerical modelling of non-steady jet and cumulative flows of ideal gas.
- Engineer in Aerospace Development, Dept. Aerospace Industry, Siberian Aerospace Academy, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. Title: numerical modelling of one-dimensional non-continuum flows of ideal gas on the base of Godunov-type methods.
Heat and mass transport
- V. Shevtsova, I. Ryzhkov, D. Melnikov, Yu. Gaponenko, A. Mialdun. Experimental and theoretical study of vibration—induced thermal convection in low gravity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 648, 2010, pp.53-82.
- Yu.Gaponenko, V. Shevtsova. Effects of vibrations on dynamics of miscible liquids. Acta Astronautica, 66 (2010), p. 174-182.
- V. Shevtsova, D. Melnikov, Yu. Gaponenko, I. Ryzhkov, A. Mialdun. Study of thermoconvective flows induced by vibrations in reduced gravity. Acta Astronautica, 66 (2010), p. 166-173
- Yu. Gaponenko, I. Ryzhkov, V. Shevtsova. On flows driven by mechanical stresses in a two-phase system. Fluid Dynamics & Materials Processing, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 75-98, 2010
- Yu.Gaponenko, V. Shevtsova. Mixing Under Vibrations in Reduced Gravity. Microgravity Science and Technology. V.20 N 3-4. 2008. pp. 307-311
- Yu.A.Gaponenko, J.A.Pojman, V.A.Volpert, S.M.Zenkovskaja. Effect of high-frequency vibration on convection in miscible liquids. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics. 2006. V 47. N. 2. - P.49-59.
- Yu.A.Gaponenko, V.E.Zakhvatev. Microconvection in a binary system, Fluid Dynamics. 2003. V. 38 N. 1. –P. 57-68.
- Yu.A.Gaponenko, V.E.Zakhvatev. Nonboussinesq thermal convection in microgravity under nonuniform heating, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics. 2002. V 43. N. 6. - P.46-53.